Thursday, September 24, 2015

Catching Up

Ok... So I'm not a very proficient blogger.  I'll get that out of the way first.  I had originally intended to write this so that I can chronicle our move to Orlando and life as a Cast Member family. However, life got in the way of those plans.  We had a pretty eventful move from Cincinnati to Florida, as well as some difficulties getting settled into a new home.  Nothing horrible, but just those things took my will and attention elsewhere.

Luckily, we have been settled in for 3 months now and have started finding our way in Orlando.  I've taken the summer off work to explore and spend time with the kids.  It's still taking some getting used to a different way of life than what we had back in the Midwest.  However, the kids have really taken to Florida like a swamp moth to a flame.  They absolutely love going to the theme parks, attractions, beaches, and restaurants on frequent occasion.  Most of all, they still get a kick out of doing Disney 2-3 times a week.  The magic never gets old for them, as well for me.  Buzz and M always light up once they see the entrance gates on World Drive or the parking toll plaza for any of the theme parks. M always exclaims, "that's where Mommy works!"  Buzz has determined that he's going to work for Mickey and he's been diligently working on plans for a 5th gate (and maybe 6th).   It's actually gotten to a point where I have to scold him at the dinner table because he starts safety spieling at meal time.  At least he's learning Spanish.

If you've been following me on Instagram, Twitter, or Periscope (user name: @enlaycock for all); I hope you've been enjoying all the sights I've been trying to share.  I think I'm finding out that I'm much better at short blurbs than long form.  However, no excuses.  Gonna fight, gonna write.

Take care and go find your laughing place,

-Eric


No comments:

Post a Comment